Thursday, September 29, 2005

I don’t want to work. I just want to bang on me drums all day.

I am soooo glad that tomorrow is Friday. This week has been hell on acid. At work, they have decided to implement a new system. Which might have been all fine and dandy, except the system is based on what was done several years ago and not on what things have become now. Plus, the higher-ups decided that training should be optional, meaning that everyone except our location would get the training. This week, we have been thrown in the system, with no training and no demo site to practice first. And to make matters worse, we are still using the old system so we are attempting to use, well, in total, 3 different systems to do the same thing. Monday, we are dropping the old tried and working ways, and strictly using the new-ish way. Joy.

I was watching a show the other day and the one woman says to the other, “you know I don’t handle change well. So let me freak for a few days and work things out.” That has been my week. Tuesday, we started using the system and chaos reigned and to add insult to injury, we were short staffed, so I was doing two jobs that require you to be in two different places. Tuesday, I went home exhausted. Wednesday, more stress and I was ‘freaking out’ and it was not good and I was tired and it was taking forever to do what I used to do in seconds and then, the system broke. And if I can’t use the system, then no one can. And by the end of the day, things were better. Today, the system worked and I obviously was feeling better cause the day went pretty well. One of my biggest complaints about the system is that pretty much, I am the only one who can do what I do now. No one can just jump in and help like they used to. So, I just do what I can in the time I can and hope it all works out.

And since several articles say you shouldn’t discuss work on your blog, we’ll move along to other interesting topics.

Have I mentioned how much I love the new Command strips by 3M? These are awesome. They are hooks that stick to the wall with a type of double sided tape. I started using them last Christmas to hang lights in the house, cause I don’t do decorating the outside of the house. Since last year, I had painstakingly painted the living room, I didn’t want to use tags and these promise to not ruin the wall. And they were awesome. They held the lights up and decorations, etc. And you can just buy replacement sticky parts instead of whole new product. So I decided to try some of the bigger units for hanging my broom/swiffer and housecoat. They are so cool - no damage to the wall, no worrying about filling all those holes at the end of time. Any way, I recommend them to all.

My garden is done. My parents came over and help D and I finish cleaning up the garden. The veggies are in and the ground is rotor-tilled. Winter may now arrive. Ooh, and I dry-cleaned my winter jacket. I am prepared. Course it is still September and the rain is still falling, but goodness knows, snow should be any week now that October is around the corner. I swear it is getting so you can count on if not a white Halloween, at the very least, a cold one and yet, Christmas is becoming greener and warmer each year. How very odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home