Monday, October 17, 2005

What it takes to be elite

D and I went to Ethan Allen last week to look, just look, at some furniture as I am trying to narrow down the furniture for the living room as the current furniture is fading fast. Wow. I mean, yes, the furniture is wonderful and some of it actually fit our taste. And yes, I knew they were expensive, I guess I just never really imagined how expensive. And did you know, for free, they will come to your house and a designer will work on your room for you. After much discussing after the designer came in, we have unanimously (cause if we aren’t united, one of us will spend a whole lot of money and then get buyer’s remorse) decided that there are maybe 2 things that we would possibly buy from the company and the rest that she was talking us into (through the use of a wish list) were vetoed. There was a really cool sofa table in the color of wood we like that expands into a full size dining table. Perfect for the library where I want to occasionally do puzzles, but during parties, I just need a narrow table for drinks, etc. And there was the Drake chair which to me looked like a wing chair and it would fit really nicely into the ‘old world’ theme of the library. We have also agreed together that this is far down the list of what we need. Wish list is the operative word and really, the living room is more important than the library, which is what none of the furniture fit into. The designer has this idea of what she thinks I want in the living room, but even after talking with her, I think she is just really limited by what Ethan Allen sells. I know exactly the look of furniture I want and really, I think I will have to break down and make it. Now ain’t that scary… and domestic. I loves my power tools. :) Heh heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home