Sunday, November 06, 2005

Feelin’ stressed!

I have basically taken the last week off from as much as possible. Halloween was the last of the busy times and since then, I have just rested, relaxed and done as little as I can. Sure, chores still got done, but not many and not anything more than needed. I am just mentally and physically tired. The week has helped, but I am still off, just a bit.

Since my last post, my days have been filled. There was much shopping, much furniture window shopping/dreaming and several appointments (D had a cavity… heehee… and I had none… heehee). There was the wrap party for an event that D is involved in. As usual, I was asked several times to join the next happening of the event. As usual, I turned it down.

The event is a live role-playing game. If you have never played or heard of it, I tend describe it as a murder mystery that continues or an improv theatre group. You essentially create a being (in whichever world you play, could be humans, vampires, werewolves, angels, etc.) and then you develop this being as the game progresses. Not unlike writing a novel, but with less control over what happens external to your character. Anyway, I used to be heavily involved in this type of activity. Things happened. I saw people take what should have been just aspects of their character and molded that aspect into their real lives. I saw people become horrible people because they could separate play from reality. I met lots of friends, lost a few, made enemies and grew up. I don’t regret being involved in the whole lifestyle, so to speak. I know a lot of my personality and confidence were enhanced from the events and the people I knew. Now, all I see is what needs to be done at home and in my life and I can’t spare that time for the game. And is just that – a game. D likes to think that it doesn’t take a lot of time, but it does. There is the game which is one night a month, then your turn (story of what you did between games) requires about a night of planning, then 2 out of 4 Thursdays, you want to go to the restaurant that the group meets in to take about the planning and then if you get together with anyone who plays the game, you have talk about it some more. It’s energy consuming and I think right now, I want to focus my energy elsewhere.

Anyway, after my holidays ended, I came to the realization that Halloween was only a week away and all that time that I thought I had was gone. While I had sewn D’s robe for his costume (thereby finishing him until the party), I hadn’t started my skirt, or decorated the basement or planned the food. I finished everything in time. And everyone says they had fun, so it ended up well. But I was stressed. I was back to work after 2 weeks of holidays (and while people were glad I was back, there was much catching up to do cause people didn’t help out as much as they thought) and I had to get ready for a party. Friday, I finished the skirt after much frustration and cursing. Saturday the basement was finally decorated. Thanks D for all the work you did, alone, cause I was doing everything else. The party was Saturday night. There was lots of food (because I believe no one should go home hungry from one of my parties) and there were enough leftovers to satisfy the friends who came over Sunday to play games.

Halloween 2005 was our second annual party. This year's theme was Gods and Goddesses and the Hindu Parthenon was well represented. There were some Norse, some Egyptian, some Celtic and of course, the underdark. The nametags wouldn’t stick, which sucked, so I don’t remember all the gods that were there. I, naturally, chose a thinking god – one who required explaining cause no one knew her. I didn’t mean to necessarily do that. I just wanted an interesting Celtic god. Since there was only one other celtic god at the party and she was Morrigan, the Goddess of War, no one knew who I was. Oh well. I thought she was cool. And I got to wear wings.

D has decided that I have a fascination with wings. A lot of the pictures I have purchased recently have been fairies and angels and when I look around, I do realize that they all have different wings. I think part of it is the just the look of the pictures. I am a very sensual person and sensual pictures call to me. Lately, that has been fairies and angels – there is just something about their ease with themselves and their beauty. I like the expression on their face. I don’t know. Perhaps it goes with the delving into Celtic things. Perhaps it just has always been in me – I have always had a fascination with fairies.

Today we bought furniture. Ours was fading fast. It comes on Friday. Part of me really likes the furniture because it is curvy and soft with the microfibre. Part of me hates this furniture cause I don’t think it is going to be as versatile as I was imagining. I don’t know. I just have to hope it works cause it was a final sale. Surprisingly, we got a phone yesterday from Mobler saying that the furniture we had been looking at had gone down in price. When we had looked at it initially, it was on sale, but it was still too much and we really want to pay off a car, so we left our name so if it did go down, maybe they would call. I figured it would have sold already and I really didn’t think the person would call. But they did and it wasn’t sold. It is both good and bad. We need new furniture for the living room. I spend a lot of time in there, especially in winter and our current furniture is not comfortable. But I really want to pay off a car. We keep saving money up and then we spend it. Just paying off my car would free up $300 a month. That is a lot of money. We need new windows and a new deck. And siding. Oh well. It will all work in the end. Somehow, we will get done what needs to be done.

Anyway, I should head off to bed. It is late and my sugar high from all the left over Halloween candy and the slurpee are wearing off. I will try to return to my weekly posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home