Saturday, November 12, 2005

Twas the month before Christmas…

And all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even the cat
Cause ma was in the fetal position
Alone on the bed
Whimpers and shivers, covers over her head…

Yeah. That is my mood right now. It just feels like time is flying by lately and nothing is getting done. I wanted the Christmas shopping done by the end of November and goodness knows, it is not even near being done. I had all these ideas for crafty gifts and those I can kiss goodbye. Which means I have to come up with some ideas. My b-day is coming up real quick and I have no idea on plans. I was going to get the gang together for some clubbing, and I forgot to mention it to people, so that is probably out. I want to see Harry Potter and D and I were going to do the whole dinner and a movie, which we haven’t done in ages. But a friend who has seen the previous 3 with us has mentioned that he is expecting to do so again. And I really don’t want to spend my b-day with others this year. I have been feeling rather homebody lately.

I made up a monthly meal plan. I know, shocking. I haven’t been following it religiously, but it certainly helps with giving me some ideas. And I have used it to plan some bigger meals and so had the items available which was nice. And it has reminded me to vary the meats so that I am getting fish every once in awhile. I just fish hard to cook. It’s hard to know when it is done. It’s done when it easily flakes. Well, what do you consider ‘easily.’ It’s white when it is done. What shade of white? At least with chicken and beef, when the pink is gone, the meat is cooked. Unless you want the steak less than well done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home