Saturday, February 25, 2006

(I got that) Boom Boom

So I woke up this morning with these grand thoughts of how I was going to work on D’s costume and imagined myself getting at least 1 vest done and maybe starting a second one. I would do the cravats but I need fusible interfacing. I was so excited and raring to go and then I go into the kitchen and the answering machine is blinking. (Yes, I know I am old fashioned with the answering machine, but I like to see the blinking red light – it makes me feel special – heehee) And the light is blinking twice, not once, but twice, so in the 20 minutes that the bathroom fan was on, 2 people called. Guess I should be happy they both called after noon. One is the girls’ nite presenter saying my replacement stuff was in (whoohoo) and then my parents stating they both need haircuts. Sighhhh. And of course D calls just as I was about to call the people back to say that we are going dancing tonight. So with the hopes of some good music and fun times, I call my parents and invite them over. I love my parents, they are great people, however, their hair grows like weeds – it feels like I just cut their hair. I think I still have the wound from last time. It was good though. We caught up and I cut their hair – I really need to learn something new for mom though – I’m not liking how the front is working out – though I have the back down pat. Dad’s cut turned out well though. And I only cut myself once this time and not between the fingers like normal, but actually on top of the hand.

So anyway, they left and nothing has been done. Well, I decided on supper and pulled it out of the freezer. Otherwise, nothing. Oh, except J called to say we weren’t going dancing now. Sighhh. I need to find something to do in Edmonton that will keep D and I busy. Or we need to break down and buy the pool table. I am soooo leaning towards doing that. Then we could be busy all the time. I love playing pool and I certainly can play by myself. Heehee. I am still restless and I really don’t feel like crouching over the sewing machine, pleading and praying for it to work. And my office…amazingly is most organized. D bought me an office set and it is working out surprisingly well. Though I do miss my penguin to hold my paperclips. The little magnetic holder that looks like a squished ball is not nearly as cute.

Ooh, findings for this week – I was listening to msn music, cause I wanted something new and they have a One Hit Wonders playlist that has 72 songs in it. Whee! So exciting. I listened to a sample of it and it was cool. So many memories.

And my fave quote for this week:
I’d really rather get to know their mind before I get to know their head.

How true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home