Monday, January 30, 2006

The cup runneth over…

I called in sick today. After the stressful last week and this weekend, and after 5 days of having a migraine, I finally gave in, called in sick and slept until after noon. This afternoon, the Tylenol is actually working, so I must be getting better.

Last week was just filled with so much to do for the weekend and because of the migraine, I didn’t get done as much as I wanted. D made fun of me and how anal I was over the cleanliness of the house. Well, duh! I have a certain standard that must be maintained when company comes over and since for the first time since we moved in I was letting people go upstairs, I needed to make sure things were tidy and that I wouldn’t scare some of my friends.

Friday was interesting. The girls’ nite sex toy party went well. We all had fun, though the presenter was a little skittish (despite doing the job for about a year) when it came to anal sex and the ‘heavy artillery’ aka toys. She didn’t pass them around much, which was annoying cause that is half the fun. But we all had fun, the treats went over well – everyone loves the peanut butter squares and I had my famous dip as well. I had set up the front so you walked through red and black curtains (thank you IKEA for the last minute black curtains in the As Is section) into my ‘bordello’ and thankfully, most people were impressed with my hat and mask collection in my dressing room. And since most of my more goth items are in jewelry boxes, none of my work comrades had to see that part of me.

Saturday was milady_j’s bday party at the Roost, which was fun. S showed up and was a hoot as usual. Once you get to know him, he is just a riot. I can totally see what Aa sees in him, despite their apparent dissimilar interests. I embarrassingly did the SNL Superstar move to the Superstar song – 3 times – which got lots of laughs, and I blame D for encouraging me. Heehee. A had her favorite song played early in the evening and then we encouraged her to sing along with “Shut up and sleep with me, come on now won’t you sleep with me”. The music was awesome, except for a few that dated others and that I did not recognize. The only down point was they played a song that is very much a favorite, but recently has been linked to certain not to be discussed events and so while I love the song and sang along, I have determined that it is hard to listen to when the people involved are there. The sad point was that while I had a wonderful time and pushed any negativity away, the next afternoon it all came rushing back.

Sunday was spent with the bed during the day and gaming at night. I love my waterbed and for the first 15+ years I had with the original mattress, the worst I dealt with was my last cat tended to spring leaks in the top of the bed. Easily rectified. Since we replaced that bladder with a new one, we have problems. The first one split a seam, so we returned it. This one after a couple years had a hole. We have spent the last few weeks trying to find the hole. Sunday, we drained the bed almost completely, only to find that the hole was in the middle of the bed, on the bottom, on top of the heater and it was along the baffle. So no clue how it happened, but I ended up spending a couple hours trying to fix the hole. Now vinyl glue – not good for migraines. Also, when you are already emotional and the memories of certain events come back with a song and D is being an arse, that is not a good time to try to fix a bed or deal with a migraine or smell vinyl glue. Let’s just say – I was in the depths of despair for a while. Gaming though was good. We have finished our module – which seemed to take forever and naturally took longer than should have. We saved the day? I believe we did, though unless D does a wrap up email, we will never really know what happened. Sadly, it means though that R has gone towards the sunset, probably rarely to be seen again. My feet will miss the foot rubs, my mind the intellectual conversations, my career esteem the knowledge of how our similar degrees are not used in our current careers, and gaming will just not be the same without his wit and his style of behavior. I take a moment to remember the good times.



Anyway, so such is the fun of my life. Sundays are clear of gaming for a few weeks, while we all take stock and see what we want to do. See if we want to spend our Sunday evenings entrenched with each other. I know part of me wants my Sundays back, especially with the last bit of power gaming that has been done. It is just no fun when certain people create their characters around how tough they can be, instead of around a history and personality. I like having characters that develop, that interact with the world and that don’t depend on combat to be fun. Don’t get me wrong, I am a geek enough to respect a good fight, but the writer and creative person in me wants a character that is evolving and learning and works as a team with the others, not on their own. Besides, sleep is a good thing. The other part of me will miss doing the regular gaming and the creating of a character. And of course, it is a reason to cook and clean. Who knows what the house will look like without regular guests. Heehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home