Tuesday, January 24, 2006

There's always a silver lining...

When the volcano Krakatoa erupted in 1883, it cause tremendous, unprecedented devastation. But it also threw so much dust into the atmosphere, it caused the most beautiful red sunsets around the world for the following year.


We must maintain a positive thought towards what will happen now that Harper is the leader of Canada. Such as the fact that hell obviously is freezing over and heat rises, therefore we should continue to have a mild winter this year. And perhaps this has been the reason for global warming all along.

I can't get over how pathetic Albertans are. I must be a minority in Alberta, as I really don't think that the Conservatives are the best representatives for this province. And we thought the Liberals were bad - the Conservatives have had nothing but controversy. We can't allow the fact that Klein, a conservative, has paid down Alberta's debt be the rating for the whole party. There were several candidates who have done questionable/controversial things during the election. They have Jaffer who we all remember from previous elections and his 'issues' and of course, Goldring - the representative brought up on charges of Hatred by the RCMP. And of course, Harper - I have talked enough about him. My concern is what if he keeps his promises - he actually revisits the sex club, the gay marriage and the abortion issues. What I see him doing is dragging us backwards - taking away the rights of the individual so that a few extremist religious and 'supposedly' moral folks can be satisfied. In Supernatural, I liked what Dean had to say at one point about protecting people from extremists who decide that God has given them the right to make the decisions for all. No one has given them the right to decide anything for any of us. Let them decide what is right for them and then SHUT the F'in UP! No one needs to have these few decide on the societal rules and try to enforce them. We are supposed to be FREE people. That gives us the right to decide what is right for us and hey let's follow what is the basis of most religions - let it harm none.

Anyway, that is my view on the outcome of the election. Now, we just wait and see.

In other news, I am so stressed out this week. I have so much to do and this weekend is packed full of activities and I took off Friday so I could have some time to do other things that need to be done and I do not know if I will be ready for the girl's nite I am having on Friday. I just hope I can cover enough of the messiness up so no one notices. Heehee. And then anyone reading this who is coming, just pretend you didn't read that and notice how clean the house is. Is it working? I can't smile any wider.

It's late and I should get some sleep. I have done a lot today, both at work and at home, so I am tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home