Saturday, March 04, 2006

Down to One

So like my last post, I again woke up this morning with the dreams of working on D’s costume. I have gotten further than last time – the patterns have been cut from that huge sheet of patterns, the material has been pre-washed and I read the instructions and 75 % of it makes sense. So I woke up, took a quick shower, ate breakfast and then my mom called. She had terrible news and so I spoke with her. Then returned to the paper that had not been read yet, finished the paper, in time for mom to call again. After hanging up the phone, I went outside and shoveled the walks, speaking with my neighbor who has so kindly shoveled my city sidewalks twice in a row now. Then I entered the house and went to the computer to do what I had told my mom I would do which would have been fine, if when I sent the item, it hadn’t neglected to send my augmentations. So I had to those again. And so here I sit, almost 6 hours since I got up and I haven’t worked on the costume. Sighhhh!

The good news for today is that while I won’t tell you specifics, I have managed to lose a bit a weight. Actually, for me, it is a good amount. So I will pat myself on the back. I have done it all with just little changes that are easy to maintain and no elimination of certain foods, which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Thinking back to the few years of changing my food habits, I am amazed that I have gone from sitting down and eating an entire back of jalepeno and cheddar chips (oh my goodness, are those spicy) to being able to have a handful of chips every once in a while and being satisfied. And while I miss my Sunday gaming, I must admit – I don’t miss the slurpee and all the sugar from Sundays, cause it was a lot of sugar. I actually go to work on Monday and not feel exhausted. And I don’t necessarily go to bed earlier. I believe it is just because of the sugar.

So my list of to do’s is as ever long, my list of done is one. I have shoveled. Sighhh. Guess what I am going to do tonight? – procrastinate against doing the costume some more. Heehee.

Yesterday was a nice day off. I need more days off. I pre-washed the fabric, and turned the self-clean on the oven and did dishes, ran the dishwasher and finished my clothes. I organized and wrote down what is in the freezer. AND I made a month long meal list. In theory, if we stick to the list, we will have finished most of what is the freezer. I know – totally anal, but totally awesome! AND – I wrote an email to a friend from my old work and when it got to what’s new with me, instead of saying, not much new, I actually wrote something that was new. And it felt good.

So despite my mother’s not so good news, today I feel happy and I feel good about things. A good day indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home