Monday, May 22, 2006

Just an update

The dandelion war is over for the moment. There were severe losses on their side as today was the physical warfare. 2 days and 2 huge orange garbage bags later, my yard begins to look like a yard.

As well, the garden is in! I was amazed that we got that much done. I figured maybe all the weeding and the rotor tilling would be done, but I never figured in 3 hours we would finish the weeding, the rotor tilling and planting the garden. Whew! Some new stuff has been planted. We are trying bush beans this year – my mom asked. And we are trying tomatoes from seed. Hey, what’s the worse that happens – it doesn’t grow? Eh, whatever. As long as the onions and the lettuce grow, I am happy.

Tomorrow, we need to get the weed preventing fabric to lie between the rows in the garden and then I need to plant some flowers in the front. Due to the neighbors not building the wooden retaining wall last fall and leaving the wood over the flowerbed, no flowers have started growing in that section. Sighhh. As much as I hate bees, the flowers were a nice filler between the two houses.

That is all for today. I promise to find those recipes soon and post them. Tonight we had chili and it was soooo yummy and filling after a hard day outside. We even watched Oprah's Legends Ball. That actually was quite nice. It is amazing what she did, not even considering the cost. The poem they read was perfect for the moment. Anyway, too much sun has done me in. I must retire before I fall asleep on the keyboard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irrylyn said...

I have heard that there are flowers/plants out there to deter bees. Perhaps this is a great time to put some in? I'm hoping to in our new place. Now I just have to search the net to find what they are.

4:29 pm, May 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home