Saturday, September 02, 2006

the voices in your head are not real...but they still have some really great ideas.

So much for a day of sleeping in with no plans. Oh don’t get me wrong – I slept in. The bed was sooooo warm this morning it was hard to leave it, though I did around 11. Then I slowly got up (like I like to at least once a week)– did special girly stuff (did a hair mask this morning) and read a bunch of my recent book. Then the list of things I wanted to do kept growing so I made my way downstairs, had a delish breakfast of vanilla flavored milk (OMG it is even better than banana milk and I thought nothing was better than banana flavored milk), crushed pineapple and a croissant donut. Healthy eh? Heehee. It was totally delicious and it kept me until supper which was awesome.

Hard day of shopping today – hit a bunch of stores for my inspiration for tomorrow’s Betty Cup. Picked up a couple things. Also picked up some stuff not on the list – a King size bed skirt for $20 in black! Halloween earrings (cause you can never have enough). New material for a cravat for D (I hope it turns out cause the color is amazing!) And then I hit Save On to pick up what I need for my famous dip for tomorrow and as I was picking up some more salsa, my eyes noticed the yellow, and blue and red box (only funny if you have seen the commercial) of Old El Paso and had the sudden craving for tacos. I love tacos. We haven’t had tacos in months, so instead of buying a box, I picked up some seasoning and the rest of the toppings and tortillas shells and with my arms FULL of several bags of groceries and shoppings and my slush float, I made my way to the car which though not totally far, it was about half the length of the mall. My hands were numb by the time I got there. Then one more quick trip to pick up new makeup for tomorrow and some gifts for a certain b-day boy and I was finally home. What a day!

Supper was awesome. Did I mention I love tacos? So full right now though. Phew! The only problem with eating on 2 meals on weekends is by the time supper comes around, especially after a day of shopping, I am so hungry. We watched Assault at Precinct 13 while we ate and it wasn’t too bad of a movie. One other promo – I bought the Now 11 cd this week on an impulse and I am really enjoying it. It is very pop but really good. I think there are only 2 songs that I don’t really recognize which, out of 18 songs, is pretty good. And it has the song that drives milady ‘crazy’ – she’ll know which one. Heehee.

Work is still driving me crazy. I am sooooo looking forward to my holidays. Heck, I am even looking forward to some of the traveling as it gets me out of the office. One of the positions I applied for has offered me a position and the boss is actually trying to convince me to take the position just so I get the training and then come back, cause then I will be ‘useful,’ except the training has nothing to do with what we have evolved into. If I take it, I will pretty much just have to forget it anyway if I come back, since we don’t really do any of it anymore. I wish they would get the new training done so that I can just do that and not have to worry about all this stuff. Of course, I wish that I could also be offered a position in a couple other departments and then I could just leave all this politicking and stress behind.

Tomorrow is the Betty Cup and I think Monday will be devoted to harvesting and painting. We have some prop work to do for Halloween yet and after tomorrow, I think all the creative things we need to do are done until the Halloween party. Course, Halloween could be really fun – I still need to get some of my props for my costume – haven’t found what I need, so I have a feeling it is going to require some very creative problem solving and some interesting reuses of items.

Funny work story – client comes in and states that he needs to apply for some things, but he is unable to use a computer. So I provide him with a couple of option to which his replies are No, No, No. So I respond – Well how do you think you are going to apply then? My next thought was OMG I said that to a client – oops! He responds rather deadpanned – I don’t know. We both kind of chuckle and then talk some more and come up with a solution, but it was funny. That could have turned out so much worse. Heehee oops.

Freakish thought came to mind this morning – S and I had talked in July about getting together in August, as she was available then so we could catch up. I wrote her an email shortly into August and called her a few days after that. She never replied so I assumed that she was busy or doing training for work or stuff like that and ignoring that evil little thought in my head that says worse things could have happened. Now, I still haven’t heard from her as of today and being me, I have been getting get a little worried. This morning, being the pessimistic optimist, the thought comes to me this morning that perhaps something really bad has happened. I even start to have this phone call in my head in which I call her house and her hubby answers and says that she has died and he is all apologetic because no one thought to call me and let me know. Meanwhile, my inner person is upset cause I am worried about her hubby and daughter and how they are handling it and how I am going to miss her so much. Now, I know she is probably going to read this and laugh about how paranoid I get, but I just wanted to get that out, since it is still very fresh in mind tonight and if she is reading this, perhaps she can write me and let me know how things are. I know she is just busy, but I had that horrible thought and so I needed to share.

Anyway, I should go do some prep work for tomorrow. Have to prep the dip and do a few last minute constructions. Hmmm… I wonder what color blue I have in fabric lying around in the sewing room… hmmm…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home