Sunday, October 15, 2006

Like I need your approval

If you genuinely worship me, like you should, heehee, then just ignore this post. I will now reveal a side of you that some may not know about – my geeky side.

I play D&D, the ultimate game of geekiness. And in our games, we generally lean towards a more adult theme. Most of my characters have been rather free with their sexual preferences and promiscuity, often using their womanly attributes to the advantage of the group. How do you secure a room for the ladies on a ship? Why you go early down to the docks, seduce the first mate and then blackmail him into giving up his room. Want to get out of town in a hurry and the gatemen are reluctant to let you through, keep the men busy on the side of the gatehouse while the rest of the party leaves. Stuck in an inn for what seems like an eternity, find a lover and have some fun – that also led to falling in love but…(what can I say, we were there a REALLY long time and the lover was a really nice guy – needless to say when we escaped back to our own time and land, I did have to leave him behind – it was very heartbreaking and I don’t think my character ever really got over it.)

Anyway, recently we started a new game with some new people. I mentioned before that we had some people leave the game, and I had needed a break and so when we started to plan for a new game to start, some of the people were unavailable and we had some new people we wanted to try gaming with. So new character in a new game with new players – the potential for good or bad could go either way. We started with just 4 of us and it went really well. We came up with something that ended up very cohesive and we were learning each other’s moves and strategies. Then 2 more joined (they had been otherwise engaged (heehee)) and now the group is still going well, don’t get me wrong, I enjoy everyone playing, but we have taken a slight step back as we learn how we all fit with the new people (just like if a character dies and a new one is brought in). So it has been interesting and trying. BUT…the great part is that we have continued the trend of adult themes.

To make things more interesting, recently while at a gaming store, I found the perfect addition to our game – the Book of Erotic fantasy. In it, it has the perfect new skills, professions, feats, etc. It is a book that addresses “the issues of sex, love, seduction, marriage and pregnancy” in the d20 world. You should see some of the attributes you must have to take a prestige class.
Example: Disciple of Aaluran requires you to have Alignment – NG, CG, N, CN; Skills – Diplomacy 5 ranks, Perform (sexual techniques) 5 ranks; Feats – Seductive; Special – The character must willingly give sexual favors to at least a dozen people, without expecting anything in return or taking advantage of them in any way.

See what I mean – wow – I can’t wait to take perform (sexual techniques) and the feat Seductive. Not that I need it, but hey, it can’t hurt, right? Heehee. And the book is FULL of pictures of mostly naked people and sexual acts. Very cool. Oh and they specifically avoid discussing anything that is not done by willing participants; like chaotic evil alignment was missing a story write-up because the authors don’t condone that behavior in the game at all. Of course this is both good and bad – good because they don’t want to encourage something that is offensive to a majority of people, but bad because you are limited by not knowing what exactly is the difference. Hey, us innocent people need to know these things – okay, maybe not innocent, but rather - dang curious.

Anyway, so I can’t wait to introduce this to the game next time. Should be a hoot. Heehee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man.. putting that book in your hands is like an arsonist with a new flamethrower. But then I think their might be a race to see who has the highest ranks in Performance (sexual acts), so we may all want to do some dirty work with that book
Incedentally, I think its great that many of your adult games have lead to memorable events that are not the standard "smash monster/take treasure" and I am pleased to think I was able to contribute to some of them

12:17 am, October 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home