Monday, October 30, 2006

Whew! I made it home alive!

I have survived the first snow weekend of Edmonton. Whew! There were some slippery moments, but I have not only survived the first weekend, but also the first day back to work after the snow – gotta love those alleyways – so slick and shiny.

It was a quiet weekend for me for the most part, which is good. The first snow sees me kick backing and just wanting to hibernate. This is not always good, since by Friday I was going stir crazy from being home so often – all alone. It is odd that someone, me, who like to be alone and generally can keep occupied, suddenly has developed a ennui of being alone, and not just the sighhhing ennui, but the nervous energy, can’t sit still, can’t find something to do, why do I have to be alone AGAIN ennui. Seriously, I was sooooo bored Friday night and I knew I still had to survive Saturday alone (but I could go shopping), but I just couldn’t commit to anything. Then Saturday came and I woke up to SNOW! There went all my plans for shopping – I refuse to drive on the first snowfall, cause people drive even more like idiots on the first snowfall. Luckily, milady took pity on me and talked with me for an hour and a half on the phone. (I don’t think she could smell my desperation for adult conversation.) My mother took up another 15 minutes and I spent a good hour working slowly on some Christmas gifts, getting high from the fumes, because while I read the instructions, I missed the all important “use in a well ventilated area and use a mask” warning. In fact, now that I think about it, I can smell the fumes again. Ech! And did you know the cloths with certain chemicals on them can just spontaneously combust? I probably knew this, but my brain was very shocked with the warning that the cloths needed to be either soaked in water or left flat to dry, in case they started to burn. Hello?!? Anyone seeing something wrong with using this process or is it just me?

Anyway, Saturday finally led to D coming home which led to a big discussion about going to the birthday/Halloween party for D and Q. I don’t know why butI just really didn’t want to go. Add snow to that equation and I was really reluctant to go. I eventually gave in, because things tend to go D’s way for events (even if D thinks differently) and I am glad that I did. I had a really good time and I got to catch up with some friends that I don’t see much as well as talk with some people that I know by sight only. I did the spider demon costume, cause it is easy. Although getting dressed for the party reminded me that I do not have a lot of costume clothes – I just have real clothes. So in that, I was a little disappointed. Though D was very happy to see me in some clothes that I hadn't worn in awhile and had really been overlooked. It was nice to see some of it fitting so nicely and rather sexily too. I made a promise to wear it around the house sometimes. Heehee.

Sunday morning I watched the clock change from 1:59 to 1:00 – very cool and then it was bedtime. During the day, I rearranged my closet and got to take out some clothes to be given away (they're too big!). Yeah! And I prepared for winter, so my sweaters are now near the top of my stand and t-shirts are at the bottom. Then a quiet night in with some boring periods as D has some new video games and was adamant to play them. Sighhhh! Once the gifts are done (need to do one more ‘well ventilated area’ needed process and then they are done), I can start something else, cause the gifts are taking up most of the dining room table.

Anyway, tonight is another night alone – Sighhhh - with only 1 show on at 7 – Heroes!!! – then nothing to do again. My office is even clean – I mean it – the office is clean – that shows I am really bored. And sick of the computer. I know – can’t you believe it? I am tired to blog surfing and playing MSN. Yesterday, I wasted time by making folders within my ‘favorites’ blog folder to organize them. My filing pile is tiny. Even my ‘to be read’ papers pile is getting small. Sighhhh! Anyway, I should go make some supper and then prepare for my show. Heehee. I can’t wait to see what happens in Heroes – I am SOOOO impressed with this show.

Ooh, and wish me luck, I am going to try to make stew on Wednesday - in my crockpot. I should try to find a recipe... hmmm, okay, find recipe first, then make supper. Heehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home