Thursday, March 01, 2007

Got nothing but time…

So no shows are on tonight. It is 8:30 and I am exhausted – why? Cause I have nothing to do. How sad am I? Listening to Adam Cohen, reading several blogs that I like to read and thinking of what to say on my own. I did have one moment where I clicked on one of my fave blogs and my head obviously was focused on an acquaintance’s blog above it, cause it took me a few paragraphs before it clicked that the blog was not the acquaintance’s blog, but someone else. Made a lot more sense once I figured that out, I tell ya. Sometimes, I wonder about my ability to concentrate. Oh yeah.

I thought work was hell last week, oh my goodness. As my mother always says, it could always be worse – and it has been. I am exhausted from work every night. Finding the energy to exercise has been a struggle, but I have managed to do 10,000 steps pretty much every night, though I estimated today since my pedometer died today. How irritating. I figure though with what I usually do by the time I get home from work, with 20 minutes on the treadmill, I should be good. (I know 20 minutes is not really long, but the Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search had ended and I had watched the last bit of last week’s Lost that was taped – nothing else to watch, therefore can’t do the treadmill.)

I have put in so much overtime at work, and it really feels like we are not getting ahead at all. So many people, so little time and the big bosses want us to serve people right to the bitter end of the day. Thankfully, I have taken over some mail duties, so about a half hour to an hour before close, I can stop seeing clients and do some other stuff. The other day, I showed my uvula to a co-worker near the end of the day and she agreed that it looked swollen; I was close to losing my voice that day. Unfortunately, I didn’t, which I guess is probably good since we, as usual, are short staffed.

Stress levels are high in the house though, with D transferred to a new store. Let’s not discuss the horrors there. D has been putting in Lots of overtime as well and I think this weekend needs to be a de-stressing weekend. I have had no ideas of how to do that yet, besides a possible poker night for D on Saturday. Have no idea if anyone would be interested with such short notice, but it is an idea. Other than that, I have only come up with lots of sex. And sleep.

Have you all heard about the Secret? It was on Oprah a couple of times and one of my co-workers has picked up the book. She is really enjoying it and I was totally right in my guess of what it was about - positive thoughts really do affect you. It is funny how much money these people are making on a premise that really is basic common sense. I guess if it works for you though, then spend the money and learn what you need to learn.

I need to learn a new hobby. Something cheap, fun and that satisfies me physically, spiritually, mentally and/or emotionally. I know, I am not asking much. I still think a harem would be a great hobby, but some friends have mentioned that a harem might make them uncomfortable coming over. Guess parading them around on leashes with slashed leather tops and bottoms might be a little extreme. Heehee.

Now that is funny - I just turned my calendar to March and it reads, “ Strive to be your finest self and not an imitation of anyone else.” Meanwhile, in the background, The Cure sings, “Why can’t I be you?”

You will be glad to know that in D&D, we have killed the lich, despite the ever-present argument of negotiating with evil versus killing evil. However, since I failed my fear check (in fact, I failed 4 fear checks in a row), I was not able to maintain my position of negotiating with the lich and thus after a extremely long fight, my party members were able to defeat the physical aspect of the lich, while I, safely outside of its lair, destroyed its soul. So while it may have appeared to the other party members that I did nothing but cower, in fact, I was very important in killing the lich. That is what he gets for not only scaring me twice in a row, but also for being exactly where I predicted. I am also not a fan of his ghostly lions. That’s strike seventy-two for evil and another point for the small band of heroes. However, on that note, I have NO idea what we need to do next, though the horde of evil is quickly descending on our town and our small, but humble tree house just outside of town.

Anyway, I think I am off to bed. Maybe I’ll take a bath before I go to bed – that can be de-stressing. Find a cheesy, quick romance book to read and have lots of bubbles. Hmmmm, that sounds really nice. Gotta go.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Irrylyn said...

Let me know how the hobby search goes ;) I can always use another hobby. I'd suggest cross-stitch, but I don't think you'd find that terribly satisfying. Remember you can only have so much sex before your legs don't work right (cackle)

6:40 pm, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home