Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My love runs cold... my memory has just been sold...

My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.
~ W. Somerset Maugham


It is a common ability of mine that most conversations around me end up to be about sex – whether it is the sex life of me, my friends, acquaintances or even that of Drosophila melanogaster. So of course on Saturday, at B&C’s fondue party, the talk ranged around sex a lot, from a local swingers’ club, to the Dirty Viking, and of course the most desirable trait of mine, my breasts. One of my friends (I won’t use any names or initials – she knows who she is) mentioned that she had a dream in which I asked her about her sex life and she spilled the beans. I thought that was totally awesome. Of course, in real life, she would be very leery of telling me and I would probably not ask her, since she turns quite rouge whenever you remotely mention her and sex in the same sentence, but it tells you of my power. Heehee. It is true though, ask any friend of mine and they will tell you that my presence has often led to what many consider TMI. I, of course, do not think that, since it is part of me to explore and discuss and gather all sorts of information. And while I maybe able to relate any topic to sex (my own version of the six degrees game), I tend not to do that anymore, well, at least out loud. Hee hee.

Saturday ran really long and though I didn’t get to bed until after 2, I was up by 11. Egh! The afternoon was spent ‘discussing’ with D about plans and such, and then gaming. Of course, I woke up to sounding like a husky man, and my throat starting to burn. By that night, I was exhausted, sore and tired of feeling like I couldn’t exhale. Gaming was great, even if my character has turned into a ‘girl!’ I mean seriously, a ranger afraid of a few ghostly lions – Sighhhh. Who knew she was such a scaredy-cat. Makes it very hard to follow my role of protecting the leader if I am constantly hiding up on walls and in corners, trying to avoid these ghosts. Not that I have seen one yet – just the roar seems to send me into shivers. Sighhh. I have a feeling that next game, while my group is all fighting the lich, I will be bravely keeping post at the front of the building.

Afterwards, D and I had a long discussion on the morals of my character. We were about to kill an evil sorceress who suddenly surrendered. Of course, we have a few righteous players who immediately stopped and since I wasn’t in the immediate vicinity, I couldn’t exactly ‘trip and fall, catching myself by plunging the sword into her heart.’ So we took her hostage. I thought I had heard our Favored Soul say that he pumped her with one heal point to stabilize her and then they interrogated her. When she wouldn’t talk, the evil, er, new guy took her into the side room (yes, the leader followed since we really aren’t quite sure about the new guy) and bonked her on the head and tied her up. Now here is the dilemma. I refused to get involved with the hostage taking as I find it abhorrent and goodness knows, they wouldn’t keep us alive if we surrendered. However, I have this…ability that lets me know the status of a character, enemy or ally. So, here I was all - fine, tie her up, who cares, then wham! The new guy hits her and suddenly she is dying. So do I let her die slowly, suffering from all her wounds as well as a blow to the head, or do I put her out of her mercy? Now, the goodie two shoes mentioned after the fact that I could have healed her, stabilized her, except I didn’t think of that (my character is not so much into the healing, more into the avoid getting hurt), so my dilemma was really down to those points. And so, the party, who were not aware of the situation, walked away, leaving a sentient being to die slowly, alone and in pain – the new guy had to have had a clue, but hey, not mine to say. So I chose to creep back in and end her life, just a little quicker and more dignified. I like to think it is an act of compassion, but I was warned that it was on the line of being evil. D and I just discussed how I saw my character and what my thinking was and how I viewed chaotic good. All in all, we both understood each other’s side of things and I am fine for now. D said as long as I don’t do it again and again, but I really can’t see us taking many more hostages anyway (see ‘trip’ tactic above).

Monday was a wonderful day off for me – celebrated Valentine’s Day early. D and I went to see a movie (oh my goodness, we haven’t done that since the last Harry Potter) (thanks Mom for the coupons), then to WEM and dinner at the Spaghetti Factory (thanks bro for encouraging your gf to get those). Dinner was followed with a visit to HMV at WEM (EVIL!!!) where I bought 2 new cd sets – a Complete Eighties set (very odd mix, but very good songs – did you know Kate Bush had a song called Babooshka?) and a Box of Love (full of old love songs)(I had a coupon). I told you the place is EVIL!!!! Then over to my fave store – Chapters, where I did really well in not finding too much, though I did find a book I was looking for - The Women’s Book of Positive Quotations (had gift certificates). Awesome!

Of course, the day progressed in my sickness as well and by the time I went to bed, I was coughing, wheezing, having trouble exhaling and being miserable. After a few hours of sleep, silly me decided to go to work. I won’t even go into the hell that work is right now. I am sure in a few weeks it will be all peachy keen again, but right now, until things are all figured out and such, it is just a pain in the royal behind.

Of course, I am still sick tonight and I am actually thinking that I am going to head to bed right away. I told the boss that if I am worse tomorrow, I will not come in. The boss goes on holidays on Friday and doesn’t want to get sick, so I don’t see any problems with that.

Anyway, that is the excitement of my fun. So instead of doing my wonderful finances (I got stuck vegging in front of Veronica Mars so I am running late in chores tonight), I am going to bed. Curl up in my warm bedding and hope I can find a position rather quickly that doesn’t cause me to wheeze or cough. That would be nice – isn’t it great what we wish for when we are sick? Did I mention that reportedly sex will enhance your immune system? Had to work that in. Hee hee.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Philippe de St-Denis said...

"Babooshka" is one of Kate Bush's best songs ever!

8:03 am, February 16, 2007  
Blogger Taryn said...

It doesn't surprise me that you know that song :) What did surprise me, was while trying to find another song by Kate Bush so D knew who the heck I was talking about, I found the Babooshka song on another 80's compilation cd set. Really, Babooshka is not the song I think about when I think Kate Bush. And yet, I own the song twice. Hmmmm - guess the music fates are asking for me to like the song more, eh? :)

4:43 pm, February 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home