Sunday, November 04, 2007

Come what may

I will love you always. When this red hair is white, I will still love you. When the smooth softness of youth is replaced by the delicate softness of age, I will still want to touch your skin. When your face is full of the lines of every smile you have ever smiled, of every surprise I have seen flash through your eyes, when every tear you have ever cried has left its mark upon your face, I will treasure you all the more, because I was there to see it all. I will share your life with you, Meredith, and I will love you until the last breath leaves your body or mine.” A Lick of Frost by Laurell K Hamilton


The girly sap that I can be totally fell for this line. I don’t know about anyone else, but I would love for someone to love me that deeply (and that diplomatically). In case you didn’t figure it out, the latest Laurell K Hamilton book came out and I spent the night reading it. Well, about 3 hours I spent finishing it (I bought it today). Sighhhh. What a totally lovely book. It was definitely one of the more emotional books, based more on relationships and finding where one belongs in another’s heart. And of course, the huge question of the book finally comes to light and I am glad that this isn’t the end of the series. Laurell assures us that there are at least 2 more books. Which is great because there is a part of me that is very invested in this story. Not as much as in her other series – the Anita Blake series, but really that is because of Nathaniel. Which a lot of people don’t get, but for me, I wish he could be real.

Anyway, two weeks into the new job and things are going well. I am getting lots of accolades about how well I am doing, which is great. The biggest complaint appears to be that I do things too fast. No, I am serious. They give me something that they say should take me a few days to find all the information and an hour or two later, I am handing them the information and saying, so what’s next. There is lots of learn and there are a lot of things I need to learn outside of the job to help me. But the people are good and while I sometimes miss the dysfunctional family of my old job, a large part of me is really enjoying the freedom of what I do now. So yeah me!

Today, I signed a contract to have some major renos done on the house. And I am not having buyer’s remorse, but I am having spender’s remorse. It’s a lot of money and while it will help the house so much in being more energy efficient as well as aesthetically pleasing, it is a commitment to limit my life for the next couple of years. We can do it. There is just a part of me that asks what I am giving up in exchange. Oh the joy of owning a house.

On a good note, we have the toilets in the house and hopefully, we’ll be installing those soon. We were planning on doing it tomorrow, but the exterior guy wants to get started possibly by the end of this week, so we will be tearing down the deck tomorrow instead. And then I REALLY need to clean my office. It is getting to that point of ack! I know once it is cleaned up, I will feel a lot better. Plus if I clean out the crafting room, that will help too. I also need to start working on the curtains for the house since once the exterior guy is done, the windows will finally be replaced. And I am so looking forward to new curtains, I just don’t know what to hang yet.

The Halloween party was fabulous. Lots of great costumes and lots of variety in costumes. And everyone said it was hard to pick an over the hill superhero. I can as Sailor Pluto. I found this great photo that I had at the party to demonstrate how upset I was about my planet being downgraded to a dwarf planet. I even wore white – I know – SHOCKING!! Heehee. I think everyone had fun.

Anyway, the first week after holidays was spent going to my new job, then coming home and doing a ton of stuff to prep for the party, then the party happened, then I cleaned up and this week has been continuing to go to my new job and trying to finish deciding on the exterior so that it could actually be done at a decent time next year (little did we realize how quickly everything would happen. Whoa!) We still need to get a plan in for the new deck that we want next year so we can get approval. Gosh, I can’t believe I forgot about that.

Alrighty, I should get to sleep. Enjoy my extra hour of sleep. It has definitely affected me since previously I would have gotten this around our holidays which totally is appreciated. Oh well, take it when we get it, I guess. Have a good extra hour everyone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home