Saturday, December 10, 2005

A happy note

I had supper with a former co-worker of mine today. Have you ever had one of those people who you meet and it’s like you’ve known each other forever? You just click and there are no awkward silences and you don’t run out of things to say. That was the way it was for S and I. She worked with me less than a year, I believe, but we just were great friends from the start. When she left to go to her AWESOME new job, it was horrible, cause I knew no one would replace her. (The only one who came close has also left to go to a new job but she doesn’t keep in touch – so whatever) And now I work alone and she has to deal with me sending her lonely emails about how lonely I am. Heehee. She thinks it is funny.

Anyway, the point is that we haven’t seen each other in a few months and the last time we got together, it was marathon of catching up - just like this time. We can talk for hours and boy, do we. I pity the poor waiters we get. They just don’t have a clue. We come in and it takes 30 minutes just to open the menu cause we are talking. Then a while to order, eat and then a lot longer while to leave.

It’s nice though, to have someone you can talk to and they get it. Even if it is weird or anti-societal, they just understand. And S is like that. She is so awesome. I try to make her laugh - a lot. I will write her an email and it may start with the punch line of a joke. Or the time I sent her the lyrics to “I’m all by myself”” by Green Day. I believe I even sent her an email with various lonely song titles as part of the sentences. Or the when she was on holidays, I wrote her an email like it was the captain’s log from Star Trek, except it was receptionist’s log. I know, I am sad. I won’t bore you with what we talked about, but I will say that when she left, I felt like everything was fine and nothing could go wrong. That is what it feels like to get together with a really good friend.

Afterwards I watched Alexander and wondered why I wasted three hours of my time on that movie. Other than how CUTE Colin Farrell’s lover was (so nummy!), it was like a really dull history lesson and I hated social studies in school.

Oh well, balanced the day I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home