Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas is over… new year’s is coming…

So Christmas was good, though I have determined that despite me talking, people really don’t listen. I loved my gifts though and I had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve – My chili rocked! And Christmas day was great, though filling. I received what I wanted and I know D tried hard to get me what I wanted and would like. D did well. It was interesting array of gifts. Though I got a ton of Future Shop GC’s and I really have nothing to buy there. I have to get people on the thought of Chapters for me. I can ALWAYS find books – music and movies not always -or at least, not for what I want to pay, even if it works out free.

I did receive 3 of my favorite movies for Christmas (Thanks D!) – Moulin Rouge, 10 Things I hate about you, and Ever After. I have already watched 2 and will probably watch the 3rd tonight. I have seen these movies so often and yet, I can always watch them again. It amazes me that a lot of the movies now, I don’t feel that way. I may watch them a couple times, but they don’t really call out to watch them over and over. Or maybe it is just me. Obviously, the Lord of the Rings movies are rewatchable. But there aren’t a lot that I have seen that I even want to buy. Though Elizabethtown is definitely a buy. That was a great movie. L and I went and we both said it was a date movie, though neither of us went with dates. I think it was very cerebral and funny. My kind of humor.

Another interesting development – I have actually been talking about the blog. I know, I said I would not share it, though I have now shared the actual site with 3 people. But I actually have mentioned it in conversations. Though I just ignore when people say they would like to read it. I figure I am trying to find my voice yet. And I am never as funny to others as I am to myself.

Speaking of which, I was out with mom today and she was telling me of how her coworkers think she is a little weird cause little things make her laugh – like her mouse constantly committing suicide. She has a desk with the underneath keyboard and mousepad shelf and the mouse always falls off, so it looks like it committed suicide. She laughs every time. I think it is funny too. Course between mom’s weird humor and dad’s dry humor, I can be rather hard to figure out. Heh heh. Bwahahahaaha! Am I joking or not? Heehee. I’ll never tell… What is the typical guy response – if something I say can be taken as hurtful, then that is not the way I meant it.

Back to Christmas, kitchen stuff seemed to be the theme for gifts this year too – I know some people I told them I wanted some kitchen stuff, but others bought us a teeny indoor grill – it is so small, it is cute- and a pancake grill. It was odd. Course, it means I have to reorganize the kitchen and get rid of some stuff. So I have room. I already started and part of me hates to let some of it go. It is so familiar and I know how to use it, but I have new stuff and I need the room - so I have to let it go. Sighhhh. I will miss the small bowls – they were shallow and so perfect for breakfast. And the black and white big spoons – they knew how hold soup so well. I can only hope the new stuff works as well. Though the new bowls are HUGE! Certainly not bowls to encourage weight loss – cause a lot of ice cream would be required to make it look even partially full.

I suppose I should figure out supper. I hate planning supper. D’s ideas were pizza and ordering. But the freezer is full. Though mostly with appetizers – like the 3 shrimp rings that I forgot to take out on Christmas Eve and the breaded mushrooms (which I will eat on Thursday when I only have to cook for me). And of course perogies – but I ate those for Christmas and for breakfast yesterday and there is still some for tomorrow’s lunch. Hee hee. Back to being domestic…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home