Monday, March 27, 2006

Migraine alert!

So I fought a migraine last week and though it seemed to be gone on the weekend, it is back tonight. I am thinking it has to be either the bus or the office I am currently working in. I hate migraines. They just make me want to curl up and go to sleep. Mind you, I slept like crap last night. There are certain disadvantages I am finding to being more active. If you do not maintain the activity level, you tend to sleep like crap. I find that if I do less than 5000 steps in a day (which is not hard to do on a weekend, when I am generally only up 12 hours), then I feel like crap and I sleep even worse.

Course it could also be my bed. On Saturday, I finally gave up and bought a new bed. I have had my waterbed since I was 13. I love waterbeds; they are so comfortable, so warm and so soothing. Unfortunately, this is the second bladder that has been bought in the last 5 years and both have developed holes along the baffle. I think the warranty might still cover this mattress, but it is unlikely and really after having the same problem, do I really want to go through this hassle again. I decided that I would like to have a bed that doesn’t curve along the sides – which when you can sleep in the middle all the time is not a problem, but add a sleeping partner and suddenly the bed in not as comfortable. So I broke down and took D with me to find a new bed. It is exhausting to try out beds for several hours, I must say. D looked like he was going to pass out at any minute and I just was tempted to close my eyes and test the bed for real. But a bed was picked out and hopefully, it will be delivered by Friday so I have all weekend to test it and make sure I can sleep in it.

My training is going well. I did what is essentially a practicum today and I finished it with what I believe are flying colors. Yeah me! Tomorrow, the others in the group will finish and then we just need to work out how we want to work on our presentations for the next 10 weeks – yes, the joy of doing training for trainers is that when you are done training, you turn around and start training others. I am kind of looking forward to that and very nervous as well. And if the weather holds I should be able to go to all the offices that I need to hit in order to do the training without having to spend more than 20 minutes with a bus. Wouldn’t that be nice?

Anyway, off to get some Tylenol and make dinner. Steak, stuffed potatoes and salad. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home