Thursday, May 04, 2006

I pay $59 and leave PEI

Ever feel like you are moving along a different path from everyone and then wonder if your path will ever intersect with someone else’s ever again?


My life has calmed again. D’s parents decided on Friday to mention that they would be in town on Saturday and would like to go to lunch with us. Saturday - as in the very next day. And they have never seen the new house. Needless to say, while D was off playing games, I spent Friday night and then Saturday morning cleaning the house to a standard that is suitable for parents. Couldn’t do anything about my own figure, but the house looked damn hot!

I was reminded tonight as I did the laundry and the dishes, just how nice the house looks and how wonderful I feel walking through it when it is clean. I just feel so relaxed. So… accomplished. That is a nice feeling. Course D has already made a mark. I swear D thinks that I am the only one who lives in the house, cause everywhere I go, there is this little pile to remind me that D lives here too. Like I didn’t know. Weirdo. Heehee.

Work is chaotic and then not so much. I have so much I want to do and right now, no time to get heavily involved with it. I need a good couple of hours and unfortunately, or would it be fortunately, I cannot do anymore from home. The rest all involves a site on our intranet, and there is no access outside of work. Sucky.

Lots of rumors in the air as well. People are still talking about how great I am – still very weird to hear. The big boss mentioned that I am such a keener, that if he had his choice I would be involved in another project right now. Thanks. But my calendar is quite full right now. Heh heh. Whew. That project involves a lot of travel, and while I don’t knock traveling, I hate the whole driving to the middle of nowhere’s ville where there is nothing to do. I suppose I would get a lot of reading done. And maybe, if I got a room with a Jacuzzi tub… nah, I doubt the company would spring for that.

Tomorrow is my last day in my usual job until June 19. While I will miss it, goodness, it is so nice not to have to be up front all the time. Not to have to deal with people all the time. Not to be interrupted in the middle of a task all the time. Hmmm, sounding a little bitter there, eh? Most of the people are so nice that I deal with. And most of them like me. There is just soooo many changes that happened in the last 1.5 months that I have been gone and no one let me know about them, I just got thrown back into my job, without so much as a “oh yeah, while we were gone, we did this.” Okay not true, I did get a “while you were gone, we broke your computer.” It didn’t get fixed until the day before I took over the seat and they broke it 4 weeks prior to that date. But today, 3 weeks after I returned, and I find out that over a month ago, they changed the procedure for something that I deal with a few times a month. Oops. The funny thing was that the supervisor looks at me and says “we discussed in a meeting about 4 or 5 weeks ago.” I added to his statement that I wasn’t here and I don’t remember it being in the minutes. He just shrugged and smiled. I did wait until I turned around before I rolled my eyes.

We had A&J over for supper the other night and they brought PEI monopoly. I personally hate monopoly. Never understood the point of playing once you had bought all the properties. Capitalism just isn’t in my genes, I guess, plus in my family, we generally played to have fun, not just to screw everyone over which is most people’s ideas of game play. So we played PEI monopoly and it was interesting and we had some good laughs, but I said at the beginning, that I only wanted to play if we agreed no houses, no hotels. Then D bought houses, and then everyone but me bought houses, and then D bought a third set of houses and since I was going to be going past go again, I decided to pay $59 to leave PEI (which is what it really costs to leave PEI). It took everyone a few moments to get what I was saying, but then they all laughed and we adjourned to the living room to talk and enjoy tea and lemon meringue pie. Hey, no one can complain, cause I at least tried the game. While it is funny, because of all the little jokes we had, it still monopoly and once the properties are bought, the rest is just trying to screw everyone over.

Though I will admit some of my properties were good buys. It seems everyone lands on the ice cream shop – so I was guaranteed $6 from everyone, several times. Otherwise, they were perfectly placed so I tended to land on my own property and therefore did not have to pay. Heehee. By the end of the game, I owned a costume shop (very appropriate for me), the ice cream shop, the power company, the telephone company (though why I had to pay for internet when I owned the telephone company, I don't know), the sanitation department and the environmental company. I like the whole spread. It's nice and very connected. (I can't help but do the cheesy, big arse grin of a salesperson with that last sentence, I can even imagine my teeth with that twinkle of perfection.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home